We welcome proposals for the establishment of new working groups.
An initial expression of interest should be directed to the BISA Director via firstname.lastname@example.org. If that initial communication is positive, the proposer should provide:
- the name of the proposed new working group;
- a statement of purpose and, if there is any overlap with an existing working group, how a duplication of effort is to be avoided. The statement should demonstrate clearly the distinctive contribution the new group will make to International Studies research, knowledge exchange or pedagogy;
- a one-year plan of proposed activities with anticipated outcomes;
- the names of 20 BISA members who agree to belong to the working group (If 20 members cannot be found at this stage, please request a call for expression of interest to join the proposed working group from the BISA Director);
- the name of at least two conveners who will be the main points of contact with BISA.
The proposal to form a new working group will be put to the Executive Committee whose decision is final.
It is recommended that new conveners read our working group guidelines as soon as possible to familiarise themselves with the requirements and expectations of BISA working groups.
New working groups are also required to submit a one-off six-month report following their establishment, and thereafter annual reports on their activities.