Before applying for this fund please ensure you have everything needed for each question in the form below. Incomplete applications will be rejected. You will need to provide:
- A thorough overview of the activity, clearly demonstrating the added value of holding a face-to-face event rather than a virtual one.
- budget for the event which clearly stipulates which costs (if any) would be refundable in the event the venue had to be cancelled due to newly imposed restrictions, and a timeline for which refunds might hold
- Evidence of host institution approval for holding an event including assurances between the host and convenors that any local COVID mitigation strategies will be followed.
Working groups are strongly encouraged to hold their events virtually on our Zoom account(s) and will be supported by our Conference and Events Assistant who will create the webpage and registration forms, handle the administration, and act as a technical host for your event. This means that the events are:
- Financially viable
- Support our environmental commitment, reducing the amount of travel required to bring colleagues together from around the world
- more accessible than face-to-face events for many of our members both in the UK and abroad, as well as those with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, and those for whom the costs of additional travel (even local) may be prohibitive. All our Zoom events have closed captions available.
- Covid secure
- Free for BISA members with a small charge for non-members.
However, this working group activity fund has been set up to support you to hold face-to-face events when necessary. Conveners should apply using the form below. All applications will be assessed by BISA officers on a case-by-case basis.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year, but you are strongly encouraged to submit requests as early as possible.
If you were looking to apply for virtual event funding, please see the funding homepage for instructions. This form is just for face-to-face event funding.