Find out more about the mission statement behind the blog, and the blog's team!
(The image for our beautiful blog artwork is created by Habiba Nabisubi, who can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/illustratedbyhabiba/.)
A place where we welcome conversations in any way, shape or form...
- On Carcerality, Counterextremism, Counterterrorism and Criminology - Aaron Winter, from his intervention at CPD's Refusing Carcerality event
- Racial/Gender Capitalism in Malaysia: An Interview with the CPD Paper Prize 2023 Winner - Christopher Choong Weng Wai and Martin Coward
Theorizing Peru Profundo: Postcolonial Geographies & Technologies of Order in Peruvian Hinterland - George Ygarza and Martin Coward (CPD Paper Prize 2023 Honourable Mention)
A Pilgrimage back to the Self: A Methodological Journey - Sara Abdel Ghany and Martin Coward (CPD Paper Prize 2023 Honourable Mention)
CPD Paper Prize 2022: Decolonial Aesthesis and Racial Capitalism in the Postcolonial Arab Gulf States - Maia Entwistle and Martin Coward
Towards a Feminist Geopolitics of Economic Sanctions and Gendered Insecurity - Asma Abdi and Martin Coward (CPD Paper Prize 2022 Honourable Mention)
A section inspired by breaking away from the 'distance-as-rigour' approach to scholarship and engaging more meaningfully with narrative as method
- On Prisons, by Acabatha Christie
- Stories I Wish I Could(n't) Tell - Sharri Plonski
- belonging in between - a film by Mazvita Zhou
A place for reflection... Pieces that are reflective in nature, and meaningfully speak to a range of issues...
- Historicising Countertransference across Terrains of Colonial Trauma: Reimagining Universalism from Below - Nichola Khan
- Deviance and Normativity in Egypt's Counterrevolution - Amira Abdelhamid