We are seeking expressions of interest to host the annual BISA conference in June 2024 or 2025. The BISA conference brings together a worldwide community of specialists to discuss, promote and develop International Studies. We’re a leading voice in International Studies and our conference is renowned for being inclusive and friendly.
We seek expressions of interest from groups, departments, schools, and/or organisations. The conference host is a group or organisation who serves as a liaison to BISA, assisting us in the identification of conference spaces, hotels, catering and reception options, sponsorships, and ways to engage with the local community in order to raise the visibility of BISA and the field of international studies.
The BISA Chair, Director and staff will manage the conference programme and planning, including negotiating contracts with hotels, meeting venues, catering, and handling all administrative details of the conference, including registration, reception(s), AV, Wifi access and the organisation of exhibitors. The role of the conference host is to advise on this process and provide crucial local knowledge and connections, as well as some engaging fringe events such as exhibitions, tours, screenings, debates or other alternatives.
If you are interested in serving as conference host please contact BISA Director, Juliet Dryden, with a letter outlining an expression of interest.
The letter should include the following information:
- a list of the members of your hosting group
- your connections to BISA and the field of international studies
- a description of any prior experiences you have had with hosting conferences and the role(s) members of the hosting group have played
- your preference (if any) on the year – 2024 or 2025
- thoughts on venue options including cost estimates that could accommodate up to 800 delegates and 250 panels over three days, and why these would be good spaces for holding the conference. (Please note we are open to a variety of venue spaces, including universities, conference centres, and hotels).
- initial thoughts for a programme of events around the conference that will engage with the local community to raise the visibility of BISA and advance the understanding of international studies (for example links with schools, local community venues)
- an assessment of the potential for additional institutional support (if available)
The deadline to submit expressions of interest is Monday 9 January at 5pm (UK time). Please send your letter of expression to: email@example.com marked for the attention of Juliet Dryden.
Short listed applications will be contacted within 14 days and site visits carried out by the Director shortly afterwards in late January or early February 2023.