We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Administration and Events Assistant to support a small team of dedicated staff.
The British International Studies Association (BISA) is a leading voice in International Studies in the UK and abroad. We develop and promote the discipline through research, publications, events, academic networks and funding.
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Oxford area, predominantly home based
Interview date: Week commencing 8 August 2022
The role will be varied but you might typically expect to:
- assist with the management and hosting of our virtual and face-to-face programme of events, including the provision of a high standard of customer service
- assist with membership upkeep
- assist with award and grant administration
- assist with the upkeep of spreadsheets
- assist with communications such as member newsletters, website content and promotion of our publications
- undertake other ad hoc admin and communications tasks as required.
Predominantly working from home, but with daily BISA contact, the position might suit someone at the beginning of their career who is keen to support and be part of a hardworking and dynamic team. Training and support will be provided.
No prior experience is necessary but an enthusiastic, responsible approach and willingness to learn on the job is essential.
- be educated to A level standard and have a good GCSE English grade (or equivalent)
- have excellent IT skills, including word processing, use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet skills
- have excellent organisational and communication skills
- be self-motivated and have good time management skills
- have good attention to detail
- be confident and articulate
The position is full time at £19,995 p.a. with 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a short statement explaining why you are right for the role. Send to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 29 July 2022.
Image by priscilla-du-preez on Unsplash