The third panel of our 2021 Conference Series will examine the internal politics of states, whether this be in the context of political movements or peacebuilding within a state’s formally-recognised territory. Through this we see international themes in a ‘domestic’ context, all with an extensive empirical focus.
- Giulia Grillo (University of Kent) - Italian Radical-Left Political Violence
- Simone Papale (University of Nottingham) - Fuelling the Fire: Al-Shabaab, Counter-Terrorism and Radicalisation in Kenya
- Nicholas Idris Erameh (Chrisland University, Nigeria) and Victor Ojakorotu (North West University, South Africa) - The Uighurs, China and the Emptiness of “Never Again” as a Basis of the Responsibility to Protect
- Natalia Nahas Calfat (University of São Paolo, Brazil) - When the Shi’as come in: securing communal interests in the Levant
- Syed Waqar (Cardiff University) - Approaches to Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding in Kashmir.