This book symposium features reviews from members of the BISA Africa and International Studies working group. The focus is Adom Getachew's monograph, Worldmaking after Empire: The Rise and Fall of Self-Determination, which was published by Princeton University Press in 2019. The author provides a summary of the book plus a response to the reviewers.
- Read this summary of the book, written by author Adom Getachew
- Connectivity, resistance and re-appropriation in Indian Ocean Worldmaking after Empire - Sarah Gray (SOAS)
- Algeria’s self-determination and third wordlist policy under President Houari Boumédiène - Radia Kasseiri
- Worldmaking after Empire: A response - Peter Brett
- Finally read Adom Getachew's response to the three reviews.