The Global Nuclear Order Working Group is hosting this panel to highlight new research on norms, symbols and structures of power in global nuclear politics. This interactive panel will feature early-career researchers presenting their work, with established researchers drawing out the implications of this new research for the study and practice of nuclear weapons politics, and inviting wider discussion from the audience.
Topics include the structures of power underpinning norms of nuclear possession and use, how to move beyond western-dominated normative research agendas on nuclear weapons, and the power of symbolism as a driver of nuclear behaviour in the NPT.
- Professor Kate Sullivan de Estrada, University of Oxford
- Dr Hassan Elbahtimy, Kings College London
- Dr Nick Ritchie, University of York
- Dr Laura Considine, University of Leeds
- Orion Noda, University of São Paulo & Kings College London
- Aniruddha Saha, Kings College London
- Carolina Pantoliano Panico, University of Auckland
Registration will close two hours before the event begins.