Each week BISA Director, Juliet Dryden, scours the internet for IR-related content that might interest you. Here she brings you this week's best readings and podcasts to keep you up to date with what's happening around the world.
- Nicholas Kristof in the New York Times explains what the pandemic reveals about the male ego
- Is the pandemic reshaping geopolitics? Foreign Affairs asks the experts
- UK Parliament Post: International Affairs and COVID-19. What are the experts saying?
- The New Stateman looks at the scale of the economic crash
- Podcast: What is Rishi Sunak up to? Listen to Red Box with Steven Swinford, deputy political editor of The Times, and Salma Shah, former special adviser to Sajid Javid, about the game the chancellor is playing.
- The new world disorder. Analysis from the Economist
- Does the UN have too much on its plate? The Economist.
- James Melville for the London Economic says Brexit is set to cost more than £200billion.
- Michael Tomasky on Biden’s presidential campaign for the New York Review of Books
- David A. Graham for the Atlantic looks at Bolton’s damning indictment of Trump
- Did Trump ask China to help him win the election? The Washington Post looks at Bolton’s allegations
- Jim Gobly for Foreign Policy argues the case for keeping the military out of American politics (and the American election)
- Podcast: Intelligence Squared asks why Trump has such a good relationship with white evangelical Christians despite his questionable conservative credentials? With Sarah Posner
- Podcast: American Fascism: Then and now from Talking Politics. Historian Sarah Churchwell about the origins, uses and abuses of the idea of American fascism. Does it make sense to call Trump a fascist?
- Proxy battle in Mosul. Jon Davison for Reuters investigates how Mosul is being kept on its knees allies of Iran and those supporting the West
- Charles Lister asks: is Assad about to fall? Read in Politico.
Michael Jennings in The Conversation suggests aid is no longer about poverty but national self- interest.
Tensions on the Chinese/Indian border
Ravi Agrawal in Foreign Policy on the tensions on the Ladakh border region.