In our new fortnightly feature, Director/CEO Juliet Dryden and Communications Intern Dominic Hart bring you their top five IR-related readings or podcasts from the past two weeks. 'Take five' to explore our best of the best.
This fortnight we 'Take Five' on the future of Sino-American relations and the possibility of a ceasefire in Israel-Palestine:
- There’s nothing ‘humanitarian’ about a humanitarian pause in Gaza Kurt Mills for The Conversation
- What will the return of David Cameron mean for UK foreign policy? Bronwen Maddox for Chatham House
- (Podcast) The Daily: The Doctors of Gaza - As Hospitals have found themselves on the frontline, the Daily interview three doctors working in the Gaza Strip who describe what the war looks like from inside their hospitals and what they are doing to keep up with the flood of patients.
- The lost opportunity of the Biden-Xi meeting Michael Swaine for Responsible Statecraft
- (Podcast) Past, Present, Future: Jill Lepore on Trump, Guns and the Red Mirage - This week David talks to the historian and essayist Jill Lepore about where the chaotic last decade of American politics fits into the longer history of the nation.