Call for Participants
Newton Fund British Council Researcher Links Workshop
"Governance And Actor Roles In Sustainable Development in a Global-Local Framework"
Chapecó-Santa Catarina, Brazil
27-31 August, 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 15th July 2018
Coventry University is inviting applications to attend a British Council Researcher Links Workshop under the Newton Fund in Brazil. The UK-Brazil Workshop for Early Career Researchers in Brazil 27-31 August.
The title of the five-day workshop is "Governance And Actor Roles In Sustainable Development in a Global-Local Framework" and is a collaboration between Coventry University and Chapecó-SC, Brazil (Communitarian Regional University – UNOCHAPECÓ).
The Grant provides international travel, visa and some local travel costs, accommodation and meals. Successful applicants should have a demonstrated research interest in the key thematic focus of the Workshop.
The main themes of the workshop are:
* Main tracks in governance and sustainable development: where are everyone looking at?
* UN 2030 Agenda and its development 3 main dimensions: social, environmental and economic
* Governance with/-out government: how can they get along to promote development?
* Global-local crossings in development
* Regulatory blueprints: human rights to development and how Law can help to foster sustainable development?
* “Power to” possibilities in a “power over” world: how can private actors (business, civil society, and labour NGOs) join to foster development along with public actors?
The main objectives of the workshop will be to: (a) discuss recent research on governance and actors roles in sustainable development in all dimensions (environmental, social, economic); (b) discuss global crossings in local development initiatives with public and private local partners; (c) develop new ideas for future collaboration between innovation scholars in Brazil and the UK; and (d) build research capacity in the field.
During the workshop early career researchers (ECRs) will have the opportunity to present their research in the form of written presentation with further publication, engage in discussions with established researchers from the UK and Brazil, and take part in network sessions and visits with public/private partners in development initiatives.
The closing date for applications is 15 July 2018 (early application is recommended). Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after applications close.
Details of the British Council Researcher Links Programme under the Newton Fund is available at: